Roasted Bell peppers are always a delicious little treat to have on the table.
Your guests will love it and will appreciate the “extra effort” you’ve put in.
Here’s a simple roasted bell peppers recipe that should do the trick with minimum effort.
- 4 medium-large sized Bell peppers
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Tbs Canola oil (“regular” cooking oil)
- 1/4 lime juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- Black pepper (preferably freshly ground)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (C) and place a rack on the upper part.
- Place the Bell peppers on the rack
- Turn occasionally till they blacken on all sides (35-10 minutes)
- remove the Bell peppers from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes or so until they cool down
- Gently peel off the skin off the peppers, remove the seeds and membranes (keep the juice) and slice them into 1cm (1/2 inch) strips.
- Mix with the remaining ingredients (including the juice) and let chill.