The other day at the market, i came upon one of the most interesting vegetables in my mind, Acorn squash and decided to get a few.
When i got home i faced the dilemma ; what now?
After searching the web for a while i found this really easy and delicious recipe. The result was amazing!
- 2-3 Acorn squashes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprkia (preferably smoked)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- some Thyme leaves
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- Turn on oven at 250 degrees (C).
- Wrap the Acorn squashes in foil and place into the over for 30-45 minutes, until they’ve completely softened (check using a knife).
- Cut open the acorn squash into 2 pieces and remove the seeds and fibers.
- Gently remove all the interior and place in a bowl.
- Season with paprika (note that it has a powerful taste, so use with care), garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and mix.
For those who enjoy tomatoes, slice one and place on top of a “sandwich”.