Hummus has become a world famous dish these past few years with oh so many variations. It seems that the only limit is your imagination.
One of the great advantages with Hummus is it being Vegan friendly. As a result one may see more and more restaurants serving Hummus, mainly in western countries.
One of the most interesting (and easy) variations of Hummus is the Avocado one.
- 2 peeled and seeded medium-large sized avocados
- 0.5Kg rinsed and drained (cooked) chickpeas
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt and Pepper
- Dice 1/2 avocado and put aside
- Mash chickpeas, remaining avocado, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt until reaching a smooth texture
- Stir gently the dice avocado into the mixture
- Drizzle the avocado oil on top and serve