Aside from it being delicious this “orange” soup has the advantage of being full of Beta-Carotene!
The following recipe is quite easy to prepare and will quickly become a regular on your dining table.
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Carrots
- 1 ts Grated Ginger
- 300 gr Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
- pinch of grounded Turmeric
- Butter (optional
- Cream (optional)
- Coriander (for garnish)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and onion.
- Cut all vegetables to mid-size cubes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water. The water should slightly be over the vegetables.
- Add the Ginger, Turmeric and salt and let boil.
- Once boiling, bring down the flames and cook for another 20 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Using a hand blender (or food processor) puree soup the veggies (with the liquids).
- Add Butter and/or cream while using the hand blender.
- Serve the Orange soup with some Coriander leaves on top.