These crispy eggplant bites are going to be your new favorite entree or side for any occasion. Serve them with any dip you prefer, some great options are: marinara sauce, garlic dip and ranch sauce.
- 1 eggplant, medium
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grab your eggplant and slice it from the bottom. Don’t slice them too thin, around 3/8″ thick will work perfectly.
- In a small bowl mix the flax seeds with the water and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes until thick. If you consume eggs, this mixture can be replaced using an egg beaten, either way will do the job.
- When already thick, add the tsp of mustard in the flax seeds mixture and stir a bit to combine.
- Take two more bowls. In the first one, pour the bread crumbs salt and pepper. In the second one sift the all purpose flour.
- You will dip each eggplant disc into the all purpose flour bowl, then into the flax seed mixture and finally into the bread crumbs bowl.
- Set aside and repeat with all the eggplant.
- Add some olive oil into a skillet and fry your eggplant bites until golden.
- Serve with your favorite dip!