- 1 large fennel bulb with fronds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups (or 1 15-ounce can) cooked and drained chickpeas
- 10 Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant couscous
- Trim fennel and cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges. Reserve fronds for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add coriander, chickpeas, olives, and lemon juice to pan and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- juice the orange into a liquid measuring cup and top off with water to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Add liquid to a small saucepan along with 1 tablespoon olive oil, orange zest, lemon zest, and salt. Bring to a boil and stir in couscous
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for at least 5 minutes.