- 1 large eggplant
- 1 small, finely chopped tomato
- 1 small, finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 handful of Parsley and/or Coriander
- olive oil
- Salt & Pepper at taste
- Slice the eggplant into thin slices (0.5cm or so). It is recommended to spread some coarse salt on the slices in order to remove the bitterness & liquids, for about 20 minutes, then wash and dry.
- preheat over to 190 degrees and place parchment paper on sheet pan
- brush the slices with olive oil (both sides) and place on the parchment paper
- mix the tomato, bell pepper, garlic and most of the parsley/coriander together and spread over the slices.
- sprinkle salt & pepper at taste on top of it
- Place in oven for approximately 1h
- Once removed, sprinkle gently with olive oil and spread the remaining parsley/coriander on top
Best served with Tahini