- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flax seed, ground, dark or light (easily ground in a
- coffee grinder from whole seeds in minutes)
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt(optional)
- Place 3⁄4 cup of water, ground flax seed, and spices in a large bowl and mix, adding the remaining water as needed, until a workable dough forms.
- Spread dough, 1⁄4 to 1⁄8 inch thick, onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet evenly as possible cut into squares gently, or score so it breaks easily after baking.
- Bake in 400 degree, preheated, oven until edges are browned and crackers are crisp (about 20-30 minutes, being careful not to burn them).
This is a garlic and onion cracker – you can leave out the garlic and onion and add other spices, like rosemary, pepper, and/or others, or even nutritional yeast to change the flavor