You can eat practically anything (except for dessert) with a good Tahini sauce, but this recipe is definitely a special one!
- 3 to 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound or less of Kale, cleaned, chopped and/or sliced (using stems is optional based on taste)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large stir-fry pan (skillet can be used) with medium head.
- Cook onion until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook, while stirring, until they are golden.
- Add greens and continue cooking. small amounts of water can be added if needed, to keep pan moist on bottom.
- Cook about 5 to 7 minutes, until just green but just tender.
- Remove from stove and place in serving dish.
- 1⁄4 cup of Lemon Juice (fresh is best-more or less can be used to taste)
- 2 TBSP sweeter (preferably honey, agave nectar, maple syrup)
- 1 1⁄4 TBSP tamarind/soy sauce (reduced sodium can be used)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in small bowl and whisk/beat thoroughly.
- Add sauce to cooked Kale, drizzle over top, or serve sauce separately to allow guests to add to taste.
Can be served at room temperature, warm, or Kale can be slightly chilled after cooking.