Gajar Matar (carrots and peas made Indian style)
- 4-5 medium size carrots (Gajar)
- 1 cup peas (matar), fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cm ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 or 2 green chilies
- ½ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup water
- Chopped coriander leaves
- salt (at taste)
- Peel, rinse and chop the carrots
- Heat oil in a pan then add the cumin and fry.
- Add the ginger and green chilies. fry for 1 minute or till the raw smell of the ginger disappears.
- Add the carrots and peas along with the salt. saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water and stir. cover and let the cook. keep checking and stirring in between
- if the veggies start to get brown, add a bit of water.
- cook the veggies for 15-20 minutes till they are done. sprinkle masala and stir well.
- garnish gajar matar sabzi with coriander leaves.
Best served hot, accompanied by rice or parathas.