I came around this recipe looking for some interesting and out of the box snack for a vegan friend. It is now a regular one in our home!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- squeeze of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼-½ cup water
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. All spices and amounts are optional and to taste. Don’t be afraid to experiment to get the tastes you like. Chili powder can give it a nacho cheese taste.
- Add water(little at a time) until you get the consistency of a cheese sauce.
- Tear the leaves off of the stems of the Kale. Wash and dry thoroughly and break into chip sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 135° C (275° F).
- Cover kale with sauce. Be sure it is fully coated.
- Spread Kale on baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes – turn them half way through.